No one likes having blackheads whether it is on the face or the back. How to remove blackheads on the back and shoulders? That is a common question that some people might have in mind. Well, you can end up with the best skin if you know what to do. The blackheads on the back are known to be quite aggressive. This is mostly due to the thick skin on the back. There are several methods available for you to use. We will get to that in a minute. But first, let us check out the reasons for blackheads on the back.
Common reasons that cause blackheads on the back
– Hormones are the primary reason you have blackheads on your back. When there is the clogging of sebum in the skin pores and hair follicle openings, then you can end up with the whiteheads which turn into blackheads with time.
– Friction is another top reason you might just end up with blackheads. If you have tight-fitting clothing and backpacks, then they might cause acne outbreaks. If you have been hiking for a long time, then you might end up with back blackheads.
– You might have seen some cosmetics claiming to be non-acne-producing products. As much as they might help to keep off the blackheads, make sure that they are labeled non-comedogenic.
– Sometimes it is all about genetics. If your family has a history of blackheads, then be sure to find yourself having blackheads on the body.
How to remove blackheads on the back
- The first thing you have to do is wash your back win a body wash containing salicylic acid. This acid is known for promoting the cell turnover and clear any excess oil production from the skin. No need to scrub when using this acid.
- You could still apply a topical over-the-counter medication which contains benzoyl peroxide. This compound will encourage the skin to have a rapid turnover. It also kills the bacteria on the skin surface. This is the type of bacteria that might cause acne.
- Another option would be getting a retinoid-based prescription cream. This cream contains the necessary acid important for dealing with back blackheads.
- If the blackheads on the back are accompanied with cystic acne, then talk to your doctor for more recommendations. You might have to take isotretinoin to help in cleaning such type of blackheads and acne.
- When it seems clear that the blackheads will insist, talk to the dermatologist about manual extraction. This is important to have a professional do it or else you risk infecting yourself or scarring.
Tips to prevent blackheads on the back
Here are some tips to help you prevent blackheads on the back.
– Always take a shower immediately after an exercise. You never have to leave the sweat to soak into your skin surface.
– Make sure to exfoliate the back also. Exfoliation is not just for the face alone.
– You do not always have to use scented laundry products. The fragrance of the detergents is what sometimes irritates.
If you have to some medication that will be used to apply directly to the skin, make sure to talk to your doctor first. The doctor will always know the best way to approach the issue of blackheads on the back.
By now you know more about how to use the different types of methods to deal with blackheads on the back. You do not have to keep scratching the blackheads when you can remove them with approved methods. Always take into consideration the advice given by your dermatologist if you want to deal with blackheads faster.