The other day when I was cleaning out my freezer I found myself with a large amount of frozen bananas. And in my house when the frozen bananas are overflowing I have a few options, I either make smoothies, banana pancakes or Chocolate Banana Bread.
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
(yields about 2 loafs, or 24 muffins)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil ( I use canola)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1/2 – 1 cup of chocolate chips. (I always add lesser amount, personal preference)
- Set oven at 350, and grease and flour two loaf pans (or muffin tins).
- Beat sugar and eggs until creamy and mix in the oil.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix in bananas and bake for 1 hour. Enjoy!
This recipe freezes really well too. Sometimes I will make one loaf and one pan of muffins and freeze the muffins so my kids have a “chocolate treat” for school lunches.
Chocolate Banana Bread, by Bette – Somerset Lane